Apply to the Executive MBA Program
Before You Apply
- Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the director of the Executive MBA Program for a program overview (in person or by phone) to verify eligibility before applying. Call 877-428-0638 to schedule this brief discussion.
See the next section for instructions on how to submit these items.
- Application —This PDF may be filled out electronically, but cannot be saved. It is recommended that you complete it all at once. (It takes approximately 20 minutes.) PRINT and SIGN before submitting.
- Resume — This document (or equivalent—vitae, professional biography) should summarize your professional history and work experience.
- Transcript(s) from Post-Secondary Educational Institution(s) — Transcripts are required from all institutions where you earned a degree of Bachelor's or higher. Transcripts must be official and come directly from the institution. Please contact your institution to request transcripts and send them to the address below. University of Iowa transcripts need not be requested.
- Essay — Describe your interest in the Executive MBA Program at the University of Iowa, how this experience will benefit you and/or your sponsoring organization, and how you will be a valuable addition and contributor to the class. Please limit your response to 1,200 words.
- Letter of Support from Sponsor — This letter should come from your employer to demonstrate their understanding of the time commitments required to successfully complete the Executive MBA Program. Self-employed applicants may substitute an additional letter of recommendation for this requirement. View a sample letter of support.
- Letter of Recommendation — Written by a professional colleague (employer, peer, or business acquaintance) to support your qualifications for the Executive MBA Program. The letter should describe how they know you (how long and in what capacity), and why they believe you would be a good candidate for the Executive MBA Program. View sample letters of recommendation.
- Interview with Executive MBA Program Director — This discussion will be arranged during the application process and may be scheduled in-person or by phone depending on your availability and circumstances.
How to Submit Your Application & Supporting Documents
Transcripts must be mailed to the address below.
Application, resume, essay, Letter of Support, and Letter of Recommendation can be submitted via:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mail to the address below
Admissions, Executive MBA Program
The University of Iowa
100 Pomerantz Center, Suite E444
Iowa City, IA 52242
The University of Iowa is committed to providing an equal opportunity for applicants, students, faculty and staff. To learn more about our commitment to accessibility and diversity, see our Accessibility Statement and Nondiscrimination Statement.