Apply to the Executive MBA Program
- * Brief eligibility review with the program director and/or associate director—Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the director of the Executive MBA Program for a program overview and to verify eligibility. Call today, toll free 877-428-0638, to schedule this brief discussion.
- Application—This PDF form may be completed on your computer, but cannot be saved. It is recommended that you complete it all at once. (It takes approximately 20 minutes.) PRINT IT and SIGN IT, then mail the signed application to the admissions address below, or you may scan it and email it to Dawn Kluber, program director, or Alex Taylor, associate director.
- Resume—This document (or equivalent—vitae, professional biography) should summarize the applicant's professional history, experience, and timeline.
- Transcript(s) from All Post High School Educational Institution(s)—Transcripts must be official, directly from the institution. University of Iowa transcripts will be obtained automatically upon receipt of an application. All other transcripts must be ordered by the applicant.
- Essay—In 1,200 words (or fewer), applicants are asked to describe their interest in the Executive MBA Program at the University of Iowa, why they are interested, how this experience will benefit them and/or their sponsoring organization, and how they will be a valuable addition and contributor to the class.
- Letter of Support from Sponsor—This letter should come from the applicant's employer to demonstrate their understanding of the time commitments required to successfully complete the Executive MBA Program. Self-employed applicants may substitute an additional letter of recommendation for this "Letter of Support".View a sample letter.
- Letter of Recommendation—This letter should be written by a professional colleague (employer, peer, or business acquaintance) to support the applicant's qualifications for enrollment into the Executive MBA Program at the University of Iowa. This letter should describe how they know the applicant (how long and in what capacity), and why they believe the applicant would be a good candidate for the Executive MBA Program. View sample letters.
* Interview with Executive MBA Program Director and/or Associate Director—This discussion will be arranged during the application process and may be scheduled for an in-person visit or phone interview depending on the applicant’s availability and circumstances.
Admissions, Executive MBA Program
Henry B. Tippie School of Management
100 Pomerantz Center, Suite E444
Iowa City, IA 52242
The University of Iowa and the Tippie School of Management are committed to providing an equal opportunity for applicants, students, faculty and staff. To learn more about our commitment to accessibility and diversity, follow this link to our Accessibility Statement in the University Operations Manual: http://www.uiowa.edu/~our/opmanual/ii/07.htm#72.; and follow this link to our Nondiscrimination Statement also in our University Operations Manual http://www.uiowa.edu/~our/opmanual/ii/06.htm.